SkS Weekly Digest #16
Posted on 19 September 2011 by John Hartz
The SkS author team went into high gear this week defending the integrity of SkS from a baseless criticism leveled by Dr. Roger Pielke Sr. on his blog site. The context of this unfortunate episode is documented in Dana's excellent article, One-Sided 'Skepticism'.
Although his blog site does not allow comments , Pielke did post comments on the thread to Dana's article. Included in Pielke's comments is the following statement about Anthony Watts:
"I have worked with Anthony and he is devoted to the highest level of scientific robustness."
Toon of the Week
"It is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant, and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H. L. Mencken
The Week in Review
A list of aticles posted on SkS during the past week.
- Trenberth, Fasullo, and Abraham Respond to Spencer and Braswell (Dana)
- It's the Goodyear Blimp (John Cook)
- Global Warming from Space: Introduction (MarkR)
- Between St. Roch and a cold place (JMurphy)
- Greenhouse Gas: It's not just about CO2 (Mythago)
- Lessons from Past Predictions: IPCC AR4 (Dana)
- Icelandic translation to the Guide (John Cook)
- Not so Permanent Permafrost (Agnostic)
- Abrupt Climate Change - Its Causes (Agnostic)