SkS Weekly Digest #18
Posted on 3 October 2011 by John Hartz
The dialogue between SkS and Dr. Roger Pielke Sr. has been summarized in two important articles. The first, Pielke Sr. Agrees with SkS on Reducing Carbon Emissions was posted on Sep 25. The second, Pielke Sr. and SkS Disagreements and Open Questions was posted on Oct 1. The SkS author team cordially invites Dr. Pielke to post comments on these two articles.
Toon of the Week
The Week in Review
Here's a list of aticles posted on SkS during the past week.
Here's a list of articles that are in the SkS pipeline. Most, but not necessarily all, will be posted during the week.
- Warming Island was not a Separate Island Before 2005 (logicman)
- Between St. Roch and a cold place (J Murphy)
- Lessons from Past Climate Predictions: Arctic Sea Ice Extent (Dana)
- Graphics for Sea Ice Minimum 2011 (Peter Hogarth)
- True Cost of Coal Power - Muller, Mendelsohn, and Nordhaus (Dana)
- How Increasing CO2 Heats the Ocean (Rob P)
- Greenhouse Gas: It's not just about CO2 (Mythago)
- Not so Permanent Permafrost (Agnostic)
- Abrupt Climate Change - Its Causes (Agnostic)
SkS in the News
Andrew Revkin referred readers to SkS for additional information in "A Closer Look at CO2’s Long Goodbye" posted on DOT Earth, New York Times, Sep 29, 2011.
Dr Michael Mann also referred readers to SkS for further information in his Op-ed, "Global warming denier's claims are falsehoods" posted on the Vail (Colorado) Daily on Oct 1, 2011.